Frequently Asked Questions
How will I benefit from using the 'What Part?' service?
- You can make parts requests FREE online.
- Savings upto a massive 80% OFF main dealer prices.
- Access to the largest range of NEW and USED car parts.
- Next Day Delivery Service*
- No hassle of rogue companies ringing you constantly to make sales - we give you their contact details for you to ring at your own convenience.
- Fully Guaranteed Parts*
- Daily updates of stock changes from companies on our network, giving you the most accurate source of where to locate your part(s).
- We can find any part for any make or model of car!!
How can I use this service?
There are currently 2 main ways you can use this service:
- Make a FREE request now. This is accessible to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- If you wish to speak to an adviser and place your request on the phone, you can also contact us
How many companies are linked upto our network?
We have 100's of companies linked up to our network, making it the UK's official largest networks of its kind. This is why we are more likely than any other service in the current market to be able to source the part you require.
Do our network members offer any guarantees?
The majority of our members offer guarantees, depending on the part supplied.* The length of the guarantee varies from company to company.
What payment methods are accepted by companies on our network?
Our dismantler's accept all major credit/debit cards as payment. We advise our customers to pay by this method due to the following:
- When items are worth more than £100 the credit card company gives the consumer extra protection via credit card insurance. This comes under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act (1974), whereby the credit card company has the same responsibilities and obligations to a customer as a seller.
How fast am I likely to receive a response after submitting the parts request form?
INSTANTLY - the contact details of the companies will be displayed of the screen after you have completed the form.
In addition, we will also do a 'LIVE' stock check, and will send you quotes via EMAIL or SMS for FREE. This can be as quick as 5 minutes - but may take up to 30 minutes depending on how busy our companies are at the time the request is made.
How quickly are parts delivered?
Usually the next day, depending on the time you made your request and the day of the week*. If a request is made at 4pm, it is unlikely that the parts can be despatched the same day, if the request was made on a Friday, most couriers will be unable to deliver before Monday, unless a special arrangement have been made. Delivery service is subject to companies.
Am I obliged to purchase a part(s) if I make a request?
You are not at all obliged to purchase any part(s) that you have made a request for. Simply ring the companies and record the best prices you are quoted, their company name, and their contact details. Only when you are satisfied with the prices you have received, contact the company you want to order the part from, make the payment, and arrange for delivery of your part(s).
What savings could I make on parts from companies on our network?
This could be upto a further 50%, as different companies may have placed different prices on used parts. It is advised that you ring a range of companies so that you can get the part you want, for the best possible price.
How reliable are the companies if I decide to purchase a part?
All companies on our network are companies that we believe are well established and honest, and that abide by our code of conduct. If in the unlikely circumstance that you do experience any problems with a company, it is important that you contact them directly and try to resolve the problem with them. In most cases the companies will do their best to resolve the issues, however, if the issues are not resolved then we will remove the company from our books and future business with them will be terminated. At 'What Part?' we believe customer care and service is essential for our customers to be 100% happy with the service we provide.
What success rate does 'What Part?' have of finding the part(s) you want?
With the biggest network in the UK we believe if we cannot source the make and model of car you require part(s) for then no-one can. On average we estimate that 95% of parts requested using our service are found successfully.
Will other companies use my telephone number?
We can assure you that any information you supply to us will not be passed onto or disclosed to any third parties. We don't even send your details to our suppliers, as we will send you their contact details so you can contact them at your own convenience. On a few occasions 'What Part?' may contact you in relations to promotions or special offers that may interest you.
What if I don't find my parts first time round?
Please check for the availability of your parts daily, if in the unlikely event that you do not find the part you are trying to locate. Our companies are regularly updating and informing us of what stock they have, which means that we can inform you of where to source your desired part.
How many requests can I make?
* It is advised that you confirm this with the company before proceeding with the purchase of the part.
As many as you like, there are no restrictions. We are happy for you to use the service whenever you like, even if it's to check to see how our prices compare to other quotes you have received.